Focus on Technology, Science and B2B:
- Advertising and Marketing
- Cloud Computing
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Internet of Things
- Machinery & Equipment
- Media & Entertainment
- Medical Technology
- Organizational Development
- Retail/Consumer Products
- Test and Measurement
Technologies we follow ...
There are technologies that
- We follow very closely (daily)
- We are or have been or are involved, even instrumental in their definition (weekly)
- Are emerging and we are fascinated by
- We have an unbiased view of and are aware of critical controversies that vested interests don’t want us to question (maybe 30-40 of these!)
- Create competitive scenarios
- Are inter-related (e.g. security+performance, observability+AI, etc.)
We are not alone
- The Management Firm is part of several communities and can bring in and draw upon subject matter experts in most areas as required including expert guidance on specific technologies
A Use Case world is emerging
- We are always focused on the business value, the impact of technologies and how you, our potential clients, can create a competitive advantage.
Today, the focus is less on platforms or even the technology itself but more on the application and implementation of a myriad of use cases that drive value.
In turn, these proprietary or open-source use case implementations provide the model that drives the standards required for large scale deployment and interoperability – a significant reversal from the past.
The application of new disruptive technologies arrives at a blistering pace.
More to follow but we follow these disruptive technologies closely:
- Artificial Intelligence (+ machine learning, deep learning)
- DevOps, NetOps, Intent-based networks
- SD-WAN, NFV, SDN
- Cloud (most architectures, Edge Compute and Networks, CloudCO, Containers)
- IoT (+ relationships with USP, Wi-Fi 6, 5G, security, Blockchain)
- Security (Intrusion Prevention and innovative solutions such as PREDATOR-ONE)
- Open Source, APIs, and most software and social technologies
- Test (Observability, Application layer to network)
- 5G (plus fixed-mobile convergence)
- Network infrastructures, architectures, XaaS
- … and of course Blockchain (DeFi, DApps, and all the use cases)
We follow and participate in many others via a community SMEs. For example:
- Automated/Connected Vehicles
- Smart Process Automation
- Robotics and Drones
- Special function technologies such as Internet of Things, biotech, energy storage, etc.
- Various industry, open-source and standards associations (e.g. MEF, ONUG, Broaband Forum, ONF, etc.)
As certified consultants and Sprint coaches, The Management Firm helps guide the transformation to Exponential Organizations perhaps the fastest-growing community in business.
Exponential Organizations are defined as delivering 10x better, faster, cheaper and must have three components represented by: MTP, SCALE and IDEAS
An ExO’s Massive Transformative Purpose(“MTP”) reflects an organization’s aspiration and why it exists.
“SCALE” focuses on external elements: Staff-on-Demand | Community and Crowd | Algorithms | Leveraged Assets | Engagement.
“IDEAS” focuses on internal elements: Interfaces |Dashboards| Experimentation | Autonomy |Social Technology.
ExO Certified Consultants and Sprint Coaching
Contributions and Resources
Our intention is to provide a resource and raise area of interest and controversy covering some key technologies that we track. We are proponents of various social technologies and will make these available to interested parties in due course.
We also track the dynamics between the market stakeholders to look behind the technology and pervasive hype to analyze the business realities. “There is no bandwagon on which we will not jump.” might be the motto of some!
Q1 2020 hot topics
Edge computing. Everyone (Lightreading survey) says they will implement it – but no-one knows what it is yet.
SD-WAN IS being implemented but who will control the implementations is the debate: Integrators/suppliers, service providers or the Enterprises themselves?
More below …
Here’s a few debates we follow to get started!
Security misconception: Top-end Firewalls protect you from Ransomware, and intrusion | So many questions about 5G: Fixed Mobile convergence – will it be adopted this time? | Will people pay more for 5G or will they get no choice and just pay anyway? | Will 5G force up the price of all cell services because providers have to cover their massive 5G investment somehow? | Will 5G replace fiber (or is it just when and where)? | Are we seeing the beginning of the end for wireline service providers? | NFV? does it have staying power – some think not? | Cloud Services or Cloud Native? | SDN? | No-one ever made any money from network management – Will NFV save it? | Ensuring revenue retention through NFV/SDN migration: can coexistence really work? | New revenues from services: have the providers reduced their skill set and crippled their innovation? | Where are they in the voice-controlled home? | GFast can be faster and cheaper than fiber but does it stand a chance? | Wi-Fi 6: will it fix the performance issues – will the public buy? | SD-WAN the NFV killer app – but can we agree a definition – that therefore scales, interoperates and generates revenues? (the MEF thinks so. So does ONUG – but for different reasons!) | Ditto Software Defined Access | Will 5G FMC mean no more dropped calls or Internet outages? | Will Blockchain Technology cure all known problems and become ubiquitous? (survey says: game over) | Aren’t Intent-Based-Network Systems and AI old concepts that have been rebranded or will machine learning radically turn networking upside-down? | Does anyone know if NFV devices perform under stress? Who has the test methodology? | Does anyone know if internet SD-WAN will perform well enough compared to point-to-point? Who has the test methodology? | Open source – proprietary in new clothes? | Open source – great for agility but how can it scale/interoperate? | Do regulatory issues stop providers innovating and waste resources? | Why doesn’t IoT integrate with Wi-Fi? | Life Cycle Orchestration: which one will win? | Live events: which ones still work – which are just for the (… better not say)? | When will any or all of these go mainstream?